Answering inbound calls, making outbound calls and transferring calls is made easy with the NEWT Cloud Desktop Softphone
Answering Incoming Calls
When the phone rings on your desktop phone, the person calling you will be displayed.
- Simply click on the GREEN phone icon on the left to answer the call
- Click on the RED phone icon on the right to dismiss the call
Making Outbound Calls
To make an outbound call, you have four options:
- Using the Search field, enter the contact name and select it when revealed. This will begin the call immediately
- Navigate to the Keypad icon and dial the number manually
- Navigate to your Contacts list and click on the phone icon next to the person you want to call
- Navigate to History and click on the phone icon next to the person you want to call
When on the call with someone, to transfer the call to another person you have the option of Transfer Now (sometimes referred to as a "blind" transfer) or Call First ("warm transfer") to inform the person you are transferring to, of the caller, prior to transferring.
- While on the call, an icon is revealed that looks like a phone icon with an arrow
- Select the icon and then enter the extension, name or number of the person you want to transfer to. As soon as you do this, your original caller will be placed on hold
- Select Transfer Now to send the caller through right away, or select Call First from the drop-down menu to inform the person you are transferring to, what the call is about, before clicking the transfer button